Hebrew Hospital Home of Westchester
Continuing Care Retirement Community
Project Location: Greenburgh, NY
Client: Hebrew Hospital Home Foundation
Completion Date: 2002
PDE was retained by the Hebrew Hospital Home Foundation to provide Site/Civil and Traffic engineering services associated with the development of its new Continuing Care Retirement Community located on a 58.64-acre parcel of land in Westchester County, New York. The project was developed in three phases. The first phase involved the development of a 160-bed nursing home, a 1600-foot access driveway and ancillary parking facilities. The second phase included the development of a 6,982 s.f. Adult Day Care Center. The final phase, known as Westchester Meadows, involved the development of a building complex that contains 120 independent living units, 10 assisted living units and a 20-bed nursing home.
- PDE prepared site layout plans, grading plans, utility plans, erosion and sediment control plans, construction details, a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan and technical specifications.
- PDE prepared Highway Improvement Plans for the addition of a left turn lane within NYS Route 100 in order to provide improved access to the development. All documents were prepared in accordance with NYSDOT requirements.
- PDE prepared a Traffic Impact Study to identify access requirements and potential impacts to adjacent intersections. A Parking variance study was also performed, to identify the site’s parking demand and associated parking ratio.
- PDE assisted in preparation of a Draft Environmental Impact Statement for the nursing home and Westchester Meadows.
- PDE provided construction observation services for the site/civil engineering-related items that were constructed for the 160-bed nursing home and Adult Day Care Center.
Through PDE’s engineering efforts, the client was able to obtain approvals for each development phase and the development has been completed.